This version of a paella offers the combination of comfort, a multitude of flavours and a dish equally popular in summer and winter making it a family staple in our house. The oven-bake aspect means once you have everything in the pot you don’t need to be hanging over it until it’s cooked.
It’s also a very versatile dish. You can load more veg in or leave out some. It’s a great one to use up veg about to turn. Courgettes, mushrooms, red or green peppers and more can be added.
Makes enough for a family of 5 for dinner, leaving loads for lunch the next day too!
300g risotto rice
1 x 200g whole Chorizo cubed
360g Prawns raw chilled
2 medium onions diced
4 Carrots diced small
1 Yellow pepper chopped
1 large Celery stick chopped
1-2 garlic cloves depending on preference
800ml Chicken or veg stock
Saffron – a couple of threads
1-2 tsp Mixed herbs
Handful of chopped Coriander leaves
Chopped parsley for serving (optional)
- Fry the onion for a few mins until it looks slightly opaque (see-through).
- Add the chorizo and cook for a few minutes to allow the flavours to come out.
- Add the celery, carrot, peppers and garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the rice and stir through for a minute or two on the heat.
- Add the passata, saffron, mixed herbs, coriander and stock and stir.
- Put a lid on the pot and transfer to a pre-heated oven at 200F (180C) for 20 mins.
- Add the prawns and cook for a further 10-15 mins until the prawns are cooked through.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and devour!
You can find more recipes from The WellNow Co here.