100g Oats (ground in blender for about 3 seconds)
40g Chia seeds, milled in blender
½ tsp Vanilla extract
1 Tbsp Warm water (may need more, depending on dryness of mixture)
Pinch Himalayan pink salt/Sea salt (optional)
15g Coconut oil (melted)
20g Cacao nibs
1 Tbsp Cacao powder (some extra for dusting)
- Mix the dates, vanilla, coconut oil and water in the blender.
- In a bowl place the dry ingredients: oats, chia seeds, cacao powder, cacao nibs and optional pinch of salt.
- Pour the sticky mixture from the blender into the dry ingredients.
- I use my hands because you’re going to be getting them icky when you roll them anyway.
- Once the mixture has formed a nice dough-like consistency roll all the balls. If you find it’s too dry, add a little warm water until you are happy with the consistency. Try not to make them too big. I roughly split the mixture in 4 and then make 6 balls out of each quarter. That ensures there is a bit of consistency.
- Dust with some cacao powder once all rolled.
- Place in a covered container in the fridge to set for about half an hour and they are ready to eat. They will last for at least a week in the fridge.