Walk & talk wellness community for everyone
About this event
Join Suzanne Leyden and the WellNow community for an early morning group walk and talk in Dun Laoghaire. Move your body, get fresh air, be out in nature and connect with like-minded people. And all before the day really begins. It’s proper self-care to kick-off your weekend on the right note.
Achieving wellbeing requires a holistic approach. It’s not just about hitting the gym and eating well. Movement, being in nature and connecting with others are all fundamental elements to being healthy and well. Creating community around these elements is a really positive step to help motivate and support us to achieve wellbeing.
Where & When
Meeting at the start of the East pier in Dun Laoghaire, at the top level at 08:00am (next date is Saturday 29th October). We will walk to the end of the pier and back (2.6km). To make it flexible you can choose to finish here or for those who would like an extra march, we will continue on to the forty foot and finish up back at the East pier (an additional 3km).
Please register to join the walk, it helps me get an idea of numbers.
Make sure you read the Terms & Conditions further down this page before registering.
Spread the word and share with friends. The more the merrier.
“Such a lovely start to the day. Great to have some time for myself before kids activities kicked in! Lovely too to meet lots of different people.” – WellNow Walks participant
“Thanks so much for organising the event, Suzanne. A really great start to the day. Everyone was so friendly and there was a great atmosphere. I’d definitely be interested in doing it again.” – WellNow Walks participant
Terms & Conditions
You should not attend the walk if you have any health condition that might prevent you from completing the walk. If you have any concerns with regard to your health in relation to your participation in the walk you should speak with your GP prior to the walk.
By participating in the walk you are agreeing to and understand that:
- There is a moderate exertion involved in walking. You are physically fit for and capable of participation in the walk. Seek medical advice from a GP if you are not used to moderate physical exertion.
- This is a free event to participate in and is run by volunteers.
- You are fully responsible for your own walk. There are no marshals.
- Should you have a dog with you, they are your sole responsibility, must be kept under control and you will abide by the relevant rules at any given location.
- As a participant you are choosing to take part in the walk at your own risk and without express permission from the walk organisers or the harbour or council authorities.
- If you are not registered you are not considered a part of the walking group.
- If you wish to bring anyone under 16 with you, you must take full responsibility for them and register them in advance in writing to email@example.com.
- You are agreeing to use of any photos or videos taken on the walk to be used by The WellNow Co. for promotional purposes in perpetuity.
- You are agreeing to be contacted via email regarding this WellNow event. You can opt in to the mailing list during your registration.
- The WellNow Co., its volunteers, the harbour or council authorities do not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant.