1 x 500ml tub of natural yoghurt
2 x yoghurt tubs of porridge oats (use the empty yogurt tub to measure out 2 full tubs of oats)
1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp Himalayan pink salt / Sea salt
2 x tablespoons of chia seeds ground
1 x tablespoon milk, if the mixture is too dry
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Grease standard loaf tin (2lbs/900g - 18.5 x 11.5 x 9cm) or use loaf tin liners which are amazing!
- Mix the yoghurt and egg in a large bowl.
- Add the porridge oats, bicarbonate of soda, salt & ground chia seeds (if using) and mix well.
- Put the mixture in the lined loaf tin.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 35-45 mins before taking out and turning upside down, placing back in the tin. Cook for a further 10 mins.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Note: Double the recipe for two loaves and slice the second loaf once it has fully cooled and place in a freezer bag and freeze. It’s the bread that keeps on giving!